We are grateful for those who dedicate their money and time to Adult & Teen Challenge. Our program’s success stories work hand-in-hand with the support of the local communities who believe in our work. While monetary donations are beneficial to keep our facilities running, you don’t have to donate money to be a blessing to our ministry. Consider giving the gift of your time.
Giving Your Time
The gift of time is perhaps the most meaningful gift we can receive. In fact, without the support of volunteers like you, our help would not be possible for those impacted by addictions. Everyone has skills and experience that help our programs stay focused and functioning. A few hours a week or month can provide extra support for our staff members and those in our programs
Besides helping out the staff at your local centre, volunteering means helping those impacted by addiction to take the necessary steps toward recovery. By volunteering your time, you allow our staff to dedicate more time and resources assisting those seeking help to triumph over their addictions and find their identity in Christ. Your time spent volunteering has a positive impact on many lives.
How You Can Help
Across the region, we see volunteers daily giving their time and skills to improve the lives of our students. Each centre needs volunteers to handle various tasks, depending on their staff and the services offered. Check out some of the volunteering opportunities below.
- Working in the admin office
- Volunteering for a few hours to help with various administrative tasks like filing, making copies, and more can seem like simple tasks, but the work is greatly appreciated.
- Mentoring students
- Do you have a heart for helping those going through drug and alcohol recovery? Consider becoming a mentor. Contact your local center for more information on requirements and qualifications.
- Facilitating Small Group Support
- We offer both live-in and outpatient programs. Spending a few hours a week to facilitate our outpatient groups or Family/loved ones small groups will provide many others with the opportunity to receive the help and support to continue their addiction recovery.
- Providing services
- Running and maintaining a facility takes a lot of work. If you have skills that you think will benefit your local centre, contact their office to see how you can help.
- Hosting events
- If you enjoy planning and hosting events, consider hosting a fundraiser for your local centre. The money you raise will help provide resources and support for our students.
- If you have a valid driver’s license, consider becoming a volunteer driver. Whether driving students to an appointment, work detail or helping pick up vehicles for our Vehicle Donation Program, you allow our staff to focus where their centre needs it most.
- Keeping our shelves well stocked and clean ensures a positive experience for our customers at our SuperThrift Stores. You can help us achieve this by spending a few hours a week or month at our thrift stores sorting donations, stocking shelves or testing electronics.
Volunteer Your Time Today
Volunteering your time provides immense help to our centres. If you aren’t sure how you can help but you know you want to volunteer your time, don’t worry! Discover the available opportunities by contacting a center near you.