Posted: March 25, 2021
Location: Brandon, MB
Hours: Full-time position
Salary: To be discussed
Start Date: ASAP
ABOUT ADULT & TEEN CHALLENGE
Adult & Teen Challenge is a Christian discipleship program aimed at helping people who are struggling with addiction. It was founded in 1958 by the late Rev. David Wilkerson (author of The Cross & The Switchblade). Their mission is to develop and nurture the transformation of restored individuals into useful, productive, law-abiding citizens committed to Christian faith, values and living. The Adult & Teen Challenge Super Thrift stores in Brandon, Winkler, Thunder Bay and now Winnipeg help fund the recovery and awareness programs offered.
Adult & Teen Challenge values and invests into their employees by offering a competitive salary and benefits plan, paid staff training with room for advancement, and a 4% matching RRSP program after two years.
Day to day management of all aspects of the Super Thrift Brandon store: organization, receiving product by donation, pricing items for retail, structuring of sales floor and managing front line staff.
PRIMARY JOB FUNCTIONS
- The supervision of managers, staff, volunteers, interns and ATC students
- Sorting, marking, displaying and cleaning product & store
- Planning, development, implementation and administration of the store retail sales segment
- Managing the storage and obtain required items needed in conjunction with the store retail sales operation
- Participation in the selection of new personnel, training, performance evaluation, responding to grievances, and disciplinary issues
- Must have experience in thrift store management
- Must be enthusiastic about the thrift store industry
- Ability to maintain excellent working relationships with the leadership team and all other departments
- Strong organization and communication skills
- Ability to mentor and advise staff and students as necessary
- Discretion and patience working alongside at-risk individuals
- Conflict resolution experience or training an asset
- A basic working knowledge of email and web-based programs
- Valid driver’s license and own transportation
- Flexible with scheduling
Email your resume and cover letter to Robby Ahuja at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 807-252-6909.