Posted: January 18, 2021
Location: 1016 St. James St, Winnipeg
Hours: Full-time term position
Salary: To be discussed
Start Date: As soon as possible
ABOUT ADULT & TEEN CHALLENGE
Adult & Teen Challenge is a Christian discipleship program aimed at helping people who are struggling with addiction. It was founded in 1958 by the late Rev. David Wilkerson (author of The Cross & The Switchblade). Their mission is to develop and nurture the transformation of restored individuals into useful, productive, law-abiding citizens committed to Christian faith, values and living. The Adult & Teen Challenge Super Thrift stores in Brandon, Winkler, Thunder Bay and now Winnipeg help fund the recovery and awareness programs offered.
Provide service to customers and clients, sort and price incoming merchandise and assist management in store operations as required. Contribute to meeting store sales, budgets and maintaining good customer relationships, ensuring stock is rotated in a timely manner.
PRIMARY JOB FUNCTIONS
- Greet and serve customers/donors in a friendly and professional manner, both on the sales floor and on phones
- Assist in keeping store tidy, clean, organized and stocked with merchandise
- Some cashier duties (including occasional deposits) as required: ensuring transactions are accurate and procedures followed
- Receiving donations, sorting and organizing in accordance to store procedure
- Prepare and price merchandise for sale in accordance with store procedure, meeting daily production goals
- Some light housekeeping duties as required
- Ability to assist in donation pickups
- Valid driver’s license and own transportation
- Friendly and polite demeanour
- Works well with others
- Honest and trustworthy
- Willingness to adhere to Adult & Teen Challenge policies and procedures
Email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls, please.