Primary Purpose: To provide supervision to the the daily operations, volunteers, and Adult & Teen Challenge (ATC) students at the Lighthouse Mission.
- Assist with supervision, training and guidance to volunteers and ATC students, ensuring that all policies and procedures are being followed.
- In the absence of the Manager, provide leadership to the ministry.
- Provide supervision ATC students assigned to the Lighthouse Mission
- Assist with the preparation, serving and clean up of meals and events.
- Assist with small group ministry and reporting
- Welcome donors, and volunteers in a professional manor. Greet, thank and build professional relationship.
- Assist with receiving, and record donations dropped off (donor info, pictures, what was given, where we put it).
- Ensure that all kitchen/food preparation standards and meal plans are being followed as laid out by the Manager.
- Ensure all sorting, storage and retail sales spaces meet all safety and organizational standards set forth.
- 10.Collect social media communications – Providing updates, images and praise reports for use on social media and with donors.
- 11.Maintain a safe work environment at all times, being consistent in safety practices and training.
- 12.Perform other tasks, or responsibilities as instructed by the Manager.
- 13. Occasional driving / pick up needs for the ministry.
SCHEDULE: Monday – Thursday 8:00 – 4:00 | Fridays 12:00 – 8:00pm
- Working knowledge of the non-profit and homeless sector
- Must have a compassionate heart for the vulnerable population.
- Able to lead and manager others with excellence.
- Able to diffuse tense situations.
- Strong organizational and communication skills.
- Proactively demonstrate and maintain excellent working relationships with all departments.
- Working knowledge of kitchen dynamics, food preparation and cooking procedures.
- Valid class 5 drivers licence.
- Valid food handlers certificate (willingness to obtain)
Work Environment: Lighthouse Mission (669/667 Main Street, Winnipeg)
To Apply: Email cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org